Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Road Rage

While I would like to believe this mama is all "sweetness and light" (as one of my coworkers used to facetiously say!), I admit to having a dark side.

And no better a time to experience my dark side than on the highway.

I am B-Mama and I have road rage.

First step to overcoming a problem is to recognize it, right? GG has always been quick to notice my snide jeers and self-righteous remarks while I drive. I thought maybe he was being hypersensitive. Then, while visiting with my dear friend, Jess, she laughed one day while we were driving because I had just gotten angry at a little, old man and was subsequently tailing him. Oh no.

Maybe its just that my driving is much better than everyone else's.

Or perhaps I really do have road rage.

I was speaking about this with Mimi yesterday (she has admitted to her own self-righteous driving) and she commented that whenever she feels "rage" coming on, she tries to picture the other person in the car as someone like dear Sister Pat (Christ on earth, according to Mimi). What a great recommendation! Why not go a step further and think of Christ, himself, in the car ahead?!

A humorous picture emerges in my brain as I think of shouting at Christ and tailing him to provoke him to go faster! I am a horrible person.

But that's what His grace is for. He'd let me tail him from CA to VA and still love me.
He knows I am a work-in-progress, thank goodness.
Aren't we all in some way or another?
Have a wonderful Wednesday and God bless!

1 comment:

Jessica Anderson said...

you are an honest soul - thanks for sharing. and I still think that that was a hysterical moment when you yelled at the old man! ;)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers