Friday, June 8, 2007

Ricky Bobby Reincarnated

GG and I had a great time on our go-karting "date" last night. Not only did we zoom, skid, bump, and race, but also chummed with the other summer interns, associates, and partners.

So my post title might indicate that I was a "good" go-karter. Not so much. I was rather cautious, and perhaps calculating in my moves around the track. That doesn't add up to speed, which was the name of the game yesterday. GG, on the other hand, was rather merciless around the tight corners. He was affectionately known as "Gasman" by the group. (Quick funny: I accidentally called him "HoneyBunny" at one point and one of the partners heard! GG got teased. Thankfully, he's a good sport. "I can't take her anywhere." :)

The whole go-karting experience was really another slice of humble pie for me. Getting a lot of those these days. Good for the character. :) I am a pretty competitive person and psychoanalyze every mistake, etc. GG had to say to me at one point, "B, this is just go-karting." I'm so ridiculous sometimes. :)

All in all, it was a wonderful chance to get to know some of the great folks from the firm. They seem like good people, who represent the firm well. I feel much better having GG work among such amiable, friendly individuals. Good stuff.

2 comments:

Ryan and Amy said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad you got to go too. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Guess I will have to stalk Ryan's adventures at the track, since I wasn't invited. Oh well! :)

B-Mama said...

Thanks Amy. Incidentally, one of the rules we agreed to was "No pregnant women." So you may have been counted out earlier anyway... Hope you are feeling well! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers