Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mac 'n Cheese War

There has been a unified front these days in G-Ville...

against an unnamed toddler, who has taken to being quite picky at the dinner table. Mama was becoming so limited in her lunch/dinner options that something finally had to give! In the end, Mimi and Papa joined the fight and for the past few nights, the aforementioned toddler has encountered quite a few dinner battles!

I am happy to write, however, the adult contingent has prevailed! Kudos to Mimi and Papa for their efforts (since I was out frolicking at various events!) M sat in his chair last night refusing to eat macaroni and cheese for an hour and a half (yes, an hour and a half) and refused to get down because he desperately wanted dessert! :) Definitely my child. :) Mimi finally came up with the *brilliant* idea of a mac 'n cheese train going into the "tunnel" of M's mouth. Hallelujah! It worked...

And guess who ate up the train and the rest of the mac 'n cheese (along with part of an ice cream sandwich and Popsicle as a reward)? What a stubborn little stinker. Mimi managed to capture the stand-off on film. Here's glimpse of the final moments of battle leading to M's acquiescence...


I hate mac 'n cheese!

Maybe if I hide it in here...

Assembling the train

Into the tunnel--success!

Reaching for more... Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

I love mac 'n cheese!


But I especially love dessert
God bless!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I love the idea of a train - I'm going to try it soon with Christopher!

scath88 said...

M was me as a child (except with white rice as the offending food)...I would have killed to have had mac 'n cheese! Oh, and my parents tried the train, but it didn't really work on me =P

Lilypie First Birthday tickers