Friday, June 1, 2007

Heavens Parted

I indulged today in the free babysitting service offered to us as members of the YMCA. We joined for the summer and already have enjoyed the benefits of being able to workout sans children. God bless the people there who want to help me get in better shape!! It is wonderful... though the nursery is slightly chaotic and understaffed (I must admit). At least I'm only gone for a mere 45min. Just enough to get the sweat pouring and heart pumpin'!

This morning we ventured to a newer YMCA location to try out their facilities. It was really nice and M and T were able to be in the same nursery. Something inside me feels better about them being together even though they rarely interact while there! They did great and I achieved my elliptical fix... and we headed out.

The beauty of this facility, however, was not in the widely-available machines, the kind staff, or the clean locker rooms. It was not even the gorgeous and huge grocery store on the first floor. No folks, it was the availability of DOUBLE-seated shopping carts.

Hallelujah! Someone graciously thought of all the overwhelmed moms in the world when inventing these carts. I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them. They were beautiful, exquisite, and made just for my boys. It was as if the heavens parted and God showered me with blessings via shopping cart.

Can you tell how much they made my day?

We had the most wonderful grocery trip as I wheeled my two-seated wonder around the store. M and T sat still, almost as if they also couldn't believe the miracle that was happening. I didn't have to haul in the child backpack or Baby Bjorn carrier for child #2. I didn't have to hold M's hand while trying to push a T-baby-laden cart. I didn't have to struggle, stretch, maneuver, or awkwardly wrench... It was incredible. We grocery shopped and had a splendid time, me and my two, side-by-side children.

Seriously, it made my day, maybe even my week.
Double-seated grocery carts, God bless your inventor.
Apparently, I'm not the only one who appreciates these...

Thanks for sharing in my joy. God bless.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers