Monday, June 11, 2007

Random Funnies

I've had two random encounters of late that just cracked me up...

1) I walked into Wal-Mart the other day amidst T-baby's fever crisis and was greeted by a cute, old man, who shouted, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" with a huge smile and belly laugh. It struck me so funny that I lost it, giving in to repeated giggles. Happy Birthday? What a funny old man! :) Though he does make a good point--we should be celebrating the gift of life every day!!

2) Jess, Papa, and I approached Starbucks yesterday to find a man and his wife sitting outside with their two cats. Yes, that's right, I said cats. The fat felines were lounging in the their individual pet strollers while being cooled off by attached fans. Hilarious. Who brings their cats to Starbucks? Had I not looked closely, I would have mistaken the whiskered ones for small, strollered children. I later thought out loud to Jess, "I feel guilty. Maybe I should get fans for the boys on their strollers?" Jess appropriately commented, "Yeah, but your kids aren't covered in fur." Great point. The whole scenario just makes me laugh. God has put some special people on this planet. Glad to be one of them.

Cheers to laughter today and all days! God bless and keep shining!

2 comments:

OH M said...

Happy Birthday to all of you today! Love life to it's fullest.

Jessica Anderson said...

i'm still laughing at the thought of you yelling, "Good luck with your cats!" as you were mid-conversation with mr. g's friend... like i said, i appreciate your sincerity. Miss you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers