Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Culinary Wonder?

vs.

Mimi gushed over the grilled cheese I made for M last night. Apparently, un-burnt grilled cheese is a hard thing to come by in VA G-Ville. And while I allowed myself to enjoy the praise for a brief moment...

I then glanced over to her culinary masterpiece unfolding on the kitchen island. Umm, hello? Here Mimi was marvelling at my silly grilled cheese while mastering an incredible pork fried rice in the wok. I own a wok, but have never used it. Too intimidated.

And true to form, M rejected the grilled cheese (as he's been doing with just about any food these days... picky, picky, picky) as we all devoured the pork fried rice. Magnifico!

Thank you, dear Mimi, for humoring my humble culinary accomplishments. I need all the encouragement I can get! :) God bless you all today!!

2 comments:

Va mama said...

no....really....an golden browned (on both sides) grilled cheese sandwich is truly an object of wonder in the Virginia Gasperini household. Bethany, you are brilliant!

Jen said...

I'm starving after reading this post now...both look so good! I tagged you for meme...hope that was okay!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers