Wednesday, July 23, 2008

When Mom Comes to Town

As seen today over at Building Cathedrals...

My mother arrived last night to help with the pre-baby preparations...

What is it that is so amazing about mothers, really? Just having her here, knowing she's present is such solace to me. She knows what I like and dislike. We laugh at the same things. She helps me see the humor in my sons' crazy antics. She still knows what's best for me and orders me to take a nap and slow down. She just gets me in a way that others do not. And why? Because she birthed me, raised me, scolded me, loved me... through the many years, days, minutes, and seconds. She's my mother. And thank goodness for her!

Oh mothers. Thank the Good Lord for mothers.
Here's to hoping that someday I might offer my children the same warmth, support, encouragement, and love that my mother offers me.
Thank you, Mom. So glad you're here.


God bless your Wednesday!  Hope this finds you well and loved.

3 comments:

va mama said...

What a moving tribute to a wonderful woman and to all mothers!

Kerry said...

I love having my mom around too! Yay for moms and for help!

orahoods said...

Your words are exactly right about great moms! I don't know what I would have done if my mom hadn't been here when Aaron was born! She stayed at our house the nights we were in the hospital...caring for our dog, doing laundry, and cleaning! She knew exactly what I needed...even where to put things away when we came home from the hospital! Tell your mom hello for me:) So excited for your upcoming arrival!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers