Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ripe for the Picking

We are truly revived after breathing some cooler mountain air and soaking up some much-needed showers after an overnight "out west"...  Thanks to Mimi and Papa for hosting us over a wonderful celebration of the fourth.  Sigh.

Friday evening included a beautiful bbq at the neighborhood clubhouse.  Here's my weekly promised prego shot (check out my ever-ripe belly!) along with a couple pics of the boys enjoying some croquet and badminton.  Too cute!  They loved the concept of a racquet sport and enjoyed trying to get the birdie off of their racquets.  Maybe tennis in our future?  We'll see.  Nonetheless, as you can see, the view of the mountains was gorgeous, the food was excellent, and company, warm and loving (as always).
 


More fun was to be had today upon a joyful visit to the peach orchard.  I have to say, one of my most favorite things to do in the world is to go fruit picking.  I was in heaven!  Everyone had a great time--there was just enough of a breeze to keep the bugs at bay and all of us relatively cool.  And who can beat finishing the journey with fresh peach milkshakes?  Excellent.  The boys loved it all and couldn't get enough of everything.  And can I say how good a freshly picked peach is?  M and I shared one for lunch and just about fell over, it was so tasty!  




Nothing like a blessed weekend to gear us up for this final stretch of our respective "races".  GG has one week left of bar classes followed by two weeks of independent prep before the Virginia Bar.  Go GG!!  I have 4 weeks remaining until "J Day", or baby J's due date.  We'll see if I'll make it that long.  I would so appreciate your prayers for his remaining time in the womb, health, and safe delivery.  Like all new moms, I'm beginning to succumb to worries about his well-being.  Lord, give us health and peace!

Thanks for tracking with us and hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday. 
As always, it's great to be back in touch.  
Happy Lord's Day tomorrow and God bless.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I have to get your secret on how to stay so fabulous-looking while pregnant. I distinctly remember looking twice my normal size just a few weeks before Owen's birth. But you? Simply fabulous!!!! Can't wait to see you in 2 days.

Carolina Girl said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The views of the mountains, orchards, and YOU!! Great photos of peach picking. What awesome family fun. Prayers for a healthy Baby J and a healthy B-mama. Prayers for GG to be calm while taking the exam and that his responses will come to him with ease. Go Team Gasperini!

Teacher-Mom said...

Good luck all around to the Gasperini fam! We know GG will do great and Baby J will come into the world with style after spending 9 wonderful months growing big and strong in his momma. I enjoyed your pics of the peach picking. I am reminded of Joey's first trip apple picking. He was eating an apple as we were riding along on the tractor. After a few minutes he informed me that he was done and that he had eaten it all. He wasn't kidding!- He had eaten the entire apple, core and all. Sometimes I think it's amazing he's still alive. The boys look great, give them hugs from us! Lots of love and hugs for the upcoming weeks!

Kerry said...

You look great B! Ya'll have a lot going on these next few weeks! Prayers for it all!

Anonymous said...

Great pics, B! Looks like y'all had a wonderful weekend. You and Baby J. are in my prayers for safe and healthy delivery. Peace be with you.

love, Catherine

Lilypie First Birthday tickers