Monday, July 7, 2008

Heartwarming

For those of you who also track the Alley Family, you know what a special bunch they are, which is why it was such a treat for us to spend the morning with them today...

There are such deep roots there--GG and Will were high school best buds and shared countless football memories and hang time, GG served as Will's best man in their April 2002 wedding, and Will was a groomsman in our wedding May of the same year (which also happens to be the last time we all saw one another!)  The friendship has now spanned many years, miles, and babies (they have 2 sweet ones) with contact remaining through phone and email!  What a blessing it was to finally lay eyes on one another this morning (wives and kids sans hubbies!)  The boys and I had a great time seeing them--we could have surely eaten up even more hours before having to say goodbye! Hopefully the next visit won't be too far removed because we now live closer to both of their families! Yahoo!!



This last shot captured an oh-so-funny-and-frightening-all-at-the-same-time moment.  I picked up baby O for a quick snuggle before realizing that my actions had made T-baby quite upset.  "No Mommy.  No baby!" was heard through his tears...  Oh boy!  Only after I handed off O and picked up T did he calm down.  And little does he know of the future permanent reality of that scenario!  Please pray for him!!  He is my biggest concern with the upcoming birth of Baby J!  Any moms out there with tips for helping young ones transition to new siblings, I'd appreciate them.  Thanks!!

Hope your week has gotten off to a fantastic start...  Blessings!

7 comments:

hill said...

before my baby girl was born, her brother and i went shopping for a special gift to give her. he got to pick it out and we wrapped it and he brought it to the hospital when he met her. it was a little rattle that we used almost every day. our son was thrilled to find out that his newborn baby sister had also done some shopping and had her gifts for him at the hospital when he came to meet her. it seemed to help break the ice a bit.

Jessica said...

What fun times we had!! So sorry we had to leave so early but you know how quickly a tired baby can fade!! Hopefully we can make it over again this week for more fun. Hugs to you all!!

HS said...

B-
Our Ped. Told us right before Penny was born that we should always go to the older child to start with. For instance if T needs you at the same time J does go to T. YOu motherly instinct will try to tell you other wise but our DR. Said that the older child can feel they are being slitted and it can lead to major jealousy problems. Even if it is a reassuring hug and then you move on. I am sure you already know these things since you have two but this worked wonders in our family. We didn't have the green eyed monster or hitting till Penny could crawl and take toys From Charlotte. Well be praying For your little guys

T. Armstrong said...

Fun, Fun! :) I follow both AlleyFam and Gasperini blogs...as you know! How wonderful for you to be able to get together with each other! :) Love the last picture also!!!!

Carolina Girl said...

Isn't it so great to get together with old friends?? Glad that you were able to reconnect.

Prayers for T-rex as he transitions into his role as big brother!

Lib said...

B-
So happy to hear that baby J is looking good, feeling good, etc. I am so excited for you and can't believe it's coming so soon. Wow, dear friend, you are onto #3. I am so happy for you. I liked the suggestions/advice people wrote about the sibling adjustments. Good stuff! I love you friend.

Erin said...

Hi there. I had all these feelings when I brought my sweet Emma home and Angelica was only 18 months old. But she was a "big helper" by getting things when I needed them. I always let her gice the baby lots of kisses. We found a really neat time that eased transition was when I would nurse the baby (which Angel wasn't too sure about becuase she had also only stopped at 16 months) was to read her a story at the same time....worked really well!! My mom also got her a "big sister" present and she felt special during the baby excitement too...I remember the first 3 months being the hardest....good luck and I will be keeping you in my prayers!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers