Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cowboys and Such

I'm happy to report an incredible date last night with my beloved. It was just what the doctor ordered--GG and I had such a nice time being together and enjoying one another's company! We went to P.F. Chang's and saw Hancock afterward. Props to Will Smith on yet another movie that is (relatively) family friendly (a few bad words thrown in) and entertaining. I think the two of us just really enjoyed getting out above all things! :) Many thanks to Mimi and Papa for taking such good care of our precious cherubs...

My little "cowboys" dragged their grandparents to Chik-Fil-A to get a free meal by dressing like cows.  Mimi picked up some cow material to whip up the cutest kerchiefs with bells.  Sadly, the get-ups only earned the bunch free entrees, but who's complaining!  I find these bovine boys to be absolutely scrumptious (albeit naughty!)  They are perched on their favorite plaything of late--the couch pillows.  Mom has nixed the previous fun game of diving off the main cushions and armrests onto the pillows on the floor.  Hello broken necks?  Now, the boys are relatively satisfied with running on the carpet and jumping into pillow swamps...  Oh Lord!  Are you now beginning to see why yesterday morning was so out-of-control???  What is a mother to do!!!



One last fun Saturday detail was the opportunity to see The Alley Family again this morning.  The kids played while the parents connected--this time both GG and Will were with us!!  Too fun...  Alas, more togetherness will have to wait until Will has finished his chaplains' course and conquers the 1st Cav and Iraq.  God speed, brother!  We send our love with the whole family as they head back to Texas!



2 comments:

Erin said...

Cute cow get-ups!! I miss Chick-Fil-A, they do nto have it here in the Pacific Northwest! Seeing the pics and pictuting boys jumping off of couches I think reminds me of why I am sure God has only blessed me with girls so far...I would be a nervous wreck!! Also Angel has managed to get her black eyes and busted lips already too!

Anonymous said...

OH M

Cutest cows I ever did see!!

It's a shame you and the Alleys are "distancely" challenged. Two beautiful families!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers