Tuesday, July 22, 2008

As Healthy as a Horse

When the sun set this evening, it was hard to believe it was the same sun that rose this morning.  What a full day!  From a sleepy beginning to an elliptical workout to a Costco trip (which the boys loved, by the way) to a Mimi lunch to a mama doc appt. to a trip to the airport and Gramz (my mom) arrival!! to a Red Robin dinner (yum) to boys' bedtime to ahhh...  

Yes, it's been full.
Yes, I am trying to take it easy.
I really am. :)
Yes, I do promise tomorrow will be a lot more relaxed.
I promise (wink, wink!). 

Thankfully, the doc reports, "You are as healthy as a horse."  
Thanks doc. :)  Just what I love to hear in my 38th week--I am equivalent to a horse.  lol.
There are many reasons that's a great thing to hear, though--the baby is well, my blood pressure is normal, and my body shows no signs of labor.  Excellent.

It feels so funny at a time in the pregnancy when women hope to be done, I am praying for it to continue!  The doc laughed today saying, "Most women are begging me to get the baby out.  You're one of the few who's hoping he stays in!"  Too funny.

That is until next Wednesday afternoon when my beloved finishes his bar quest!  Then we will reunite as a family and the party will really start.  Baby J can come anytime after that...  ;)

Have a blessed Tuesday evening!  I will leave you with a couple shots of the boys' artistic Baby J shirts...  T-baby's wins the contest and will be worn home from the hospital!  God bless!




5 comments:

Shannon said...

oh my goodness are you busy! where do you get the energy?!

praying that your little one stays tucked away for another week!

God is good and will "deliver" (pun intended!)

Carolina Girl said...

Great art design by the G boys!! It must have been so sweet to watch them make shirts for Baby J! Prayers that Baby J will stay snug in your belly til after GG's bar exam. You're an amazing Mother and Woman and you inspire me daily!!! Thank you!

Teacher-Mom said...

I bet you are so proud to have two little artists in the fam! The shirts turned out so cute and will be a treasured memory. Glad to hear that all is still well with Baby J and that your mom arrived safely.

B-Mama said...

Thanks girls, you all are awesome supporters!! We truly finished off the shirts today by having the boys make handprints on the back. Texas Mommy had done this with hers and I thought it was such a cute idea... I practically had to tackle T-baby to get him to hold his hand down. M refused, but instead offered a foot. Alas, we traced the outline of his foot on the back of J's shirt--not so sure if this is offering the right idea (kicking him in the back!), but at least we got 'em done. :) lol.

GG said...

At least the doc didn't say "you're as healthy as a cow"! ;)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers