Friday, July 25, 2008

Booky

Among the various outings my mom and I have made this week with the boys was a trip to our library down the street.  Since we are new to the area, I've frequented the spot a few times, but only with the sole purpose of filling the kids' daily reading needs and attending storytime (which happens to be really well done!  Thank goodness!)  It is an amazing library and I am so grateful to have it so close (~2 minute drive!)  It just celebrated its 1st anniversary, so everything is new and inviting...

You can imagine my delight the other day to pick up a few mama books for some light summer reading.  When do I really ever get to focus long enough to choose my own books? ;)  Thanks to my mom's kiddo supervision, I had a moment to indulge!  I am ecstatic to have a little literary escape as a wonderful distraction while waiting for Baby J to make his appearance.  

One of the titles I picked up was Anne Rice's The Road to Cana, which is the second book in her Christ The Lord series.  I really enjoyed Out of Egypt, the first in the series, which fictitiously (but based on a lot of Biblical facts and research) relays Christ's childhood.  I found the retelling on His story to be so spiritually invigorating and enlightening.  While I knew I was reading fiction, just seeing Rice's interpretation of his childhood was really uplifting.  Can't wait to share more with you about The Road to Cana...  My journey starts tonight.  If any of you have read it, please share your thoughts!  Also, here's a link to a review done in the NY Times--an interesting take and one that I'm eager to review upon reading the book!

Blessings to you and TGIF!  

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers