Sunday, July 13, 2008

Home Reno Update

Just wanted to quickly show you the outcome of my curtain project. I ended up putting it off for days, only to finish it earlier this week!  Overall, the sewing went quickly and was nicely distracting.  The best part about it: the boys' room is a dark as can be for bedtime--just what we were after!!  We are probably going to add some hooks/loops at the top to allow for easy opening and closing.  

And now a glimpse at my latest feat--the recovering of our kitchen table chairs.  It was SO easy and with an awesome outcome.  Our old chair covers were beyond gross from children, spills, etc.  So, I headed back to the fabric store the other day and bought a couple yards of fabric. With a screwdriver and staple gun, you can see we went from drab to fab in about 20 minutes time!  What's great is that this project was so easy that it will be easy to do again when these covers get yucky...  Love, love, love being able to do this stuff myself!  Happy Lord's Day and blessings...
The Before

The After--can you see the improvement?

8 comments:

Shannon said...

i'm impressed!!!
looks awesome!

T. Armstrong said...

Doesn't it make you feel like you have conquered the world when you do things like that?!?!? I love those types of projects! Curtains and chairs look great! :)

Jessica said...

Love it! Way to go.

sw said...

everything looks great! i really love the material you chose for the seat covers!

Elso said...

The curtains look great! I wish I could sew. You did an awesome job.

Jess said...

Very impressive! The curtains look terrific too.

kat k said...

I can't wait for you to teach me how to sew!! Great job!!

Krissy said...

curtains look great
I've never redone chairs as we have nice hard wood seats:) but a friend adds a layer of the clear vinyl stuff you can buy off the roll over her fabric on the chairs used with booster seats by messy eaters. I thought it was ingenius.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers