Monday, July 21, 2008

3-8

There you have it, 38 whopping weeks and still going strong!
It occurred to me the other day that with the sad miscarriage of our Sweet Jude last year at 11 weeks, I have reached the "year" milestone of being pregnant since last July!  Part of me wonders: will I remember how not to be pregnant?  lol.  I think I shouldn't have too much trouble transitioning back into regular life.  ;)  And while pregnancy has its fair share of hang-ups, there are also many joys, prego blessings that I do not take for granted.  We have known so many couples who have struggled with infertility and I am reminded so often of how blessed we are with our boys...  I am also acutely aware of how *fervent* my prayers need to be for all these hopeful mothers-to-be.  My heart aches for them.

So today I offer up this simple prayer to St. Gerard for all mothers, especially those hoping for a baby:

O glorious Saint Gerard, powerful intercessor before God, and wonder worker of our day, I call upon you and seek your help. You who always fulfilled God's will on earth, help me to do God's holy will. Intercede with the Giver of life, from whom all parenthood proceeds, that those who suffer infertility may conceive and raise children who will please God in this life, and be heirs to the kingdom of heaven. Amen.

Prayers for a great start to your week!  God bless.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

you're looking radiant!

i've been trying to figure out how to get a "signature" on my blog and now am determined to figure it out!

hope you're feeling ok.

I join you in prayer for those who struggle with infertility.

B-Mama said...

Thanks so much, Shannon! I just added a piece onto my signature posting about how to do it! You were such a help with the blog template, it was the least I could do! Enjoy and you'll see that it is *super* easy! Blessings...

Carolina Girl said...

You look wonderful!! I'm always amazed at your energy level, with 2 boys and one on the way. I love the new look of your blog.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers