Saturday, July 19, 2008

Super Saturday

The day started today with relative peace and quiet.  Mimi and Papa indulged again last night with a little boy sleepover...  We all had dinner together and then the boys stayed over while mom got to come home and have a peaceful night.  What bliss! :)

I walked in this morning to these adorable faces (and how much more adorable they are after being away for 12 hours! lol):

M and T-baby were eating pancakes and enjoying champagne grapes and strawberries.  They were, of course, surrounded by Papa's trains, which have become beloved toys for visiting whenever we're there!  Good, ol' Papa. :)  We had such a nice visit with Mim/Pop before getting on our way to a morning of errands.  Not to forget mentioning the somersaults both boys executed before we hit the road.  T-baby has never even tried to somersault (ignore the beginning tears! :), yet here's some great footage of one of his firsts!  Pretty cool!


On our errands, we first hit Costco for $3.85 gas.  I was shocked to find it $.10 cheaper here than in our suburb neck of the woods... yet still wound up with the most expensive bill I've yet to pay in total for gas!  I'm such a dork and took a picture to document it for the blog!
Next we rolled on over to Babies 'R Us to make a return and buy a few other sundry items for Baby J.  M conned me into letting him try the JayJay the Jet Plane ride, but unfortunately it was broken.  At least he didn't seem to mind too much...
Our next stop was for T-baby's first professional haircut.  We stopped at another locale first, but they were too full.  Unfortunately at this previous stop, I tripped over the curb and brought M down with me.  Ouch!  We both had a few skinned places (thankfully Baby J was unscathed!) and ended up being helped by a bunch of older women at a granny salon!  lol  They saw the whole thing happen and rushed to our aid with towels, a bathroom, band-aids, and lollipops.  Praise God for the Good Samaritans of this world--they were the sweetest! :)

T-baby survived his haircut with tears the whole time, but at least we "got it done".  He was in dire need of a neck and ear trim...

Finally, finally we stopped in at Michael's to buy some fabric markers for the decorating of some side-snap baby shirts I bought earlier.  At Texas Mommy's suggestion, I am going to have the boys decorate these for J and bring them to the hospital.  Baby J will wear one home for his proud brothers.  Too cute!  I'll definitely show you the finished product once we're done...
So that's a true morning look at life in Gasperini-Ville.  Not too many thrilling events, but enough to keep us busy and keep B-mama from watching the clock tick and her belly move in anticipation of our little one's arrival.  GG is, of course, slaving away like a good pre-bar guy.  How much we love him so!!  Hugs!

And as usual, God is watching over us all and blessing us in the little things.
Hope you are having a great Saturday.  God bless!!

6 comments:

allyouwhohope said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! That is so neat that you are in Richmond. I am just over the river in what I guess is considered the Bon Air area and we go to St. Benedict's in the city. We are also new to the area, although since it's been almost a year I probably have to stop using that as an excuse for not knowing my way around!

Congrats on your impending arrival, and your family is gorgeous by the way! I'm now going to get all caught up on your blog. And I'd love to meet you in person sometime.. maybe once you're all settled with your new little boy :)

Shannon said...

What an absolutely fun day!
I'm so glad you're ok after your fall!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new little guy!

P.S. I just love the t-shirt idea!

Alex said...

B, I love the somersault video. It just made my day. (sweet T-baby got his first somersault in just before getting steamrolled by M...is this life in a house of boys, or what?!)

I am glad that you and J were unscathed by the fall. Take good care of yourself in these last days before the little one's arrival!

Kerry said...

Super cute video...great laugh. You had quite the busy day! Where do you find the energy with your 37week preggers self? Also, I sent you an email...let me know if you got it...got some ?s about fuzzi bunz!

Mary Alice said...

I am adoring the t shirt idea, we are totally going to do that, if all of my kids can fit their names on to one newborn sized shirt!

I have a box for each of my children, in addition to a baby book, where I put special things. If there are clothes that they don't want to hand down (first phillies jersey, kindergarten school tie), their christening candles, etc. I think eventually I want to have proper chests for each of them, but for now fabric covered boxes do the trick.

Anyway, they love looking at the items in the box and hearing about their babyhood, and I do have their hospital t shirts in there. I am getting (hormonal, prego) tears in my eyes thinking about my next baby as a 5 year old seeing a tiny shirt that his/her brothers made!

Teacher-Mom said...

I absolutely love the idea of decorating the shirt for Baby J! If we should happen to have a third bundle of joy, I am so going to steal that idea. You will have to post pics of the finished product! Filling up the tank is now a scary thing. It costs about $75 to fill up my tank if I'm on E! Isn't that crazy! Luckily (in some ways) I'll be back to school soon and we will be back to using very gas.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers