Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Winding Down

GG successfully made it through his final yesterday, but not without a lot of pain and suffering!! He is attempting to "offer it up" and now turns around to cram for the last of them on Friday. The end is in sight! I cannot wait to see him post-exams, vegging on the couch and not having to worry about any work . What a blessing that will be. :)

Hard to believe another academic year is coming to a close. I bid farewell to many of the fellow mothers this morning at our last moms' group. How sad! While I'm itching to get to GG parents' place and begin our summer adventures, so much of me worries I won't be seeing this amazing community again. In fact, it's somewhat likely we won't be returning in the fall. How sad to miss the kids reunited, delighting in how much they've grown and matured. How sad to miss feeling the promise of August and the last year of law school. Very very sad, indeed.

But before I get ahead of myself, there is a small glimmer of possibility that we will return. And should GG have to fulfill his Army obligations, I did promise our friends a visit in the fall when we're out with my folks in Ohio. We'll see. So hard to plan for so many different future contingencies!

In the meantime, our moving pile in the breezeway grows by the day. I'm off to fill out online forwarding services for our mail. Is it really here already? Pinch me, I'm so excited.

The countdown begins today: T-6 days until take-off! Woohoo! Summer, here we come! :)

2 comments:

Jessica Anderson said...

what a precious picture of T. praying for you guys!! love you.

Kellie said...

Yeah, another school year behind you. Can you believe how fast time flies? I'll be praying for you guys during this time of transition, I can truly relate as we are about to move ourselves...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers