Wednesday, May 2, 2007

God's Fingerprints

Ever have one those moments when you can see God's hand working so evidently in your life?

These are brief opportunities for me to look back and see His fingerprints all over my past. Maybe I didn't see Him working then or appreciate Him for all the work he was doing, but He went right on, blessing me immeasurably.

I had one of these moments today while driving home from a friend's baby shower. I began to see little pockets of God's hand-chosen friends, my provision, through life. While it's not the first time I've stopped to appreciate these women, it surely was a chance to sit back and take in all of the WONDER God has offered me through my sisters in Christ.

There were Libby, Kati, Amy, and Amy, who God placed in my life at a very young age. Libby and I started preschool together. Amy M. and I latched onto one another in kindergarten, picking up Kati in 1st grade and the other Amy in 3rd. How blessed I was (and still am) by their examples, humor, resounding faith, athleticism, families... and sheer sisterhood. They know the pitch of my laugh, the idiosyncrasies of my personality, and the rawness of my soul. They are truly family.

Then there were Kellie, Jaime, Ashley, Katherine, Jess, and Linley, who worked God's will during our college years. It was Kel who shared with me her growing passion for the Catholic Church and Jaime, who fanned my flame through her steadfast spiritual devotion and prayer. Katherine and Ashley added grace mixed with fun during a very low and stressful time in my life. I thank God for allowing our friendships to blossom when I needed them most. Jess and Linley were originally my spiritual "pupils", who then grew to be my confidants and bosom friends. Each of these girls possesses such purpose and offers so much to the world around her. My life has been so enhanced by these wonderful women...

Then there were "my girls" from Colorado. These ones stood by me as we supported each other during our hubbies' deployments. Sarah, Sally, Rachel, Lana, Melissa, Kerri-Lynn, Emma, and Maureen, you were my rock of encouragement and love when I couldn't find it in GG while he was away. You were my shoulder for tears, my heart for overwhelming emotion, my understanding during times of loss, my laughter and cheer as we delighted in our "children" (the dogs!)... I could really go on. I know God placed these precious ones in my life to be steadfast and true during a time when I might have otherwise faltered. I didn't because of their abiding friendships.

And, finally, my Notre Dame girls. God has, once again, surrounded me with love and support, this time bolstering my Catholic faith with women whose hearts are on fire for Christ and His Church at the same time! Hallelujah! Catherine, Julie, Leah, Grace, Sue, Amy, and Erika have spurred me on while also loving me through my mothering woes. How often I am blessed (today, for example) by merely meeting with these Godly women and sharing our hearts as mothers, wives, and women of faith. God has so richly blessed me through them.

So there they are, God's fingerprints, evident as friends throughout my life. I do believe He hand-selected these women and placed them right where they needed to be--at the right time and place to encourage my maximum spiritual growth. He knew I couldn't do it alone, which is why He's always been sure to provide enough support along the way.

If any of you are reading this, just know how much I love and cherish you. You are the amazing result of God's provision in my life. God bless you.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Thanks Bay! I love you too and thank God for your friendship often. Your the best!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers