Sunday, May 13, 2007

A shout out to mothers

On this Mother's Day, I pay tribute to all the incredible mothers out there, including myself! Yes, this is a partially selfish pat on the back, but I think we deserve it.

Today I've been reflecting on how quickly my home turns to "ruin" despite all my motherly efforts at keeping it clean. Last night the G's (GG and I) enjoyed a relaxed evening, taking in dinner and a bottle of champagne graciously given to us for our anniversary. We "drank" in the peacefulness of the evening and lounged, easing up on the tight rein we had on the home...

Only to awake this morning to the *nightmare* that was our kitchen, living room, etc. All the mothers out there know what I'm talking about. I commented to GG how amazing it is that for the 100% of time invested to maintain the home, it takes only a tenth of that for it to return to chaos. That means for every half hour I clean, the kids and family can have my home undone in 3 minutes. 3 minutes! What a differential!! And to think this is an ongoing battle...

So, yes, today is a day to celebrate all the mothers of the world, who battle daily the clean home differential; who strive to keep dishes washed, floors sparkling (or at least, swept!), clothes clean, children kempt, husbands fed, and homes blessed. God bless you!!

We are pretty amazing, don't you think?!

1 comment:

Ohio Mom said...

Yes, you are truly amazing! Hat's off to you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers