Friday, May 4, 2007

Moments to treasure

I've been taking greater pleasure in the small moments of the day-to-day recently. It's possible GG's uncertain Army future has caused me to have a renewed appreciation for our family and precious children. Whatever the cause, I'm drinking these in...

*M and I played "ball" this morning with an empty butter container (his creative choice). He chose the game and we spent a few minutes tossing the container in the air to the "moon" and "tree" as he would say. I delighted hearing him bring together strung-along words--"to tree Mommy". Awesome.

*T-man gave a huge sigh and gasp when I retrieved him from his morning nap. His smile seemed to say "I'm so thrilled to see you, Mom!" What a welcome! :)

*M began reciting A Very Hungry Caterpillar adding some new spoken words to his vocab. At first I didn't realize what he was talking about... "Sat-day, cake, i-ceam" referring to the passage "On Saturday, the caterpillar ate one piece of chocolate cake, one ice cream cone..." Very cute.

*I reveled yesterday in the celebration of my parents' 38th wedding anniversary. They called from the airport on their way to the Caribbean to attend a wedding and go on a cruise afterward. Cheers! What fun to stop and think about GG and I and the next 33 years we have together until we reach 38!

*GG and I have been asked to be godparents to our dear friends' precious babe (who I mentioned
recently). What a blessing it will be to us to follow the spiritual journey of one of God's newest cherubs. Hallelujah.

Alrighty, off to indulge in a screaming T-man. What a blessing he is, tears and all.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers