Sunday, May 27, 2007

No Snooze Button


We are celebrating Memorial Day weekend by heading out today for beautiful Virginia Beach and a friend's oceanfront beach house there! What a treat for all of us...

Rather than pack, shower, and handle the million other details it takes to get out the door, I find it humorous that I am instead here, worrying about the blog and getting a post up before leaving. Priorities? (Real quick aside: isn't it amazing how much a mother takes on in order to send her family traveling? I was marveling at this reality while nursing T this morning. This mama will not only pack for herself, the kids, and the dog, but she will also assist GG with his preparedness! While I embrace this role, I just thought I'd give mothers another hefty shout out of appreciation. Thanks, Mom, for all the years of getting us out the door on our own family adventures!)

Meanwhile, T-baby is to thank for my early rising. Praise God for little alarm clocks that have no snooze button. I would desperately love one if I could have it, but God regrettably left that out. T is on an interesting schedule these days--waking between 5:30 and 6a.m.(who needs sleep anyway?), taking one solid two-hour nap in the a.m., and then dueling me during an afternoon sleep-0ff, where T lays in his bed and I hover outside the room for approx. 2 hours with each trying to lure the other to his domain. Slight craziness...

Maybe it's this dog-gone viral cold that has taken G-Ville by storm. We left a trail of sniffles in our wake in Ohio and brought the awful thing here to Virginia. Now, Mimi and Papa are of questionable health, but resounding spirit. We'll see how long Uncle Cris can hold out.

The bags are empty, the family is asleep, the coffee pot is on, the wagon is idle, but the spirits are high this morning in Gasperini-Ville. Enjoy your Memorial Day celebrations and cheers to time with family and friends. God bless you.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Does this really say posted at 6:20AM?!? Yikes. I'm very impressed.

B-Mama said...

Like I said, T-baby has no snooze button! How I wish it could have been later... :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers