Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Grind

GG had a great first day yesterday and already showed his true stripes by staying at the office well beyond the other interns! GG!! I swear, I will have my hands full trying to keep him from working too hard... He has too much integrity! :)

He returned home with a synopsis of the day, the other interns, and a hefty little calendar, relaying all of the amazing things he'll be doing with the firm this summer. Already he's committed to two dinners out this week; happy hours, a soccer game, more dinners, go-karting, and a two-day trip to Chicago(!) are just a few of the "perks" of being wooed by a big firm. I kept asking him to which event I was invited. Apparently, we have dinner planned at a partner's home next week. One dinner? I want to go go-karting and to Chicago! Mimi and I joked that we would set up our own summer calendar, which would include all of the same events. We would "run into" GG and then marvel at the coincidence. We thought we were so funny and cracked up...

But really, I want to be a part of it all. GG will have his experience at work, feeling like a lawyer and putting in hours for the firm, but then I want me/our family to be involved in the rest. Thankfully this firm is known nationally for its more laid-back, family friendly approach. We'll see. I'm not impressed yet.

Oh, I'm not too bummed about it. I write rather tongue-in-cheek, knowing that the real "slaughter" will happen once GG is a first-year associate. Friends in the biz tell me the hours are brutal. Yikes! I guess I should let GG enjoy his go-karting and be quiet about it.

Quiet? Never. :) There's always a good reason to chatter.

Have a blessed day and God Bless YOU!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats, GG! Way to go on your first day. B, you are hilarious. I love reading your posts:)

OH Mom said...

Hilarious...yet, sincere! :) I can see family go-karting in your future!

Ryan and Amy said...

Ryan gets to go go-karting too. Must be a law firm thing. Of course, I'm not invited. (Imagine that.) Of course, I guess pregnant ladies probably shouldn't jump into little cars and speed around a track. On the upside, I got invited to three events. So I feel somewhat special.

Still love reading the blog,
Amy

Lilypie First Birthday tickers