Monday, June 16, 2008

A Wonderful Daddy's Day

Gasperini-Ville enjoyed an awesome weekend this past one. How about you?

Among the best parts were a double date Saturday evening with friends who are moving to the area, while Mimi and Papa sat for the boys (many thanks!)  Sunday beheld a Father's Day feast thanks to Mimi (shots below), a beautiful Mass with playing by our bell choir (and I didn't mess up!), along with ample opportunities to revel in our own Daddy.  


And can I take a moment to sing GG's praises?  All the while it was his day and his chance to milk it for all it was worth, he took time to shower me with love and support!  So sweet.  What an amazing guy I have!  I'll be keeping him, for sure. ;)

The weekend has come and gone... and left me speechless... literally.
Yep, laryngitis has ruled and insisted that I not talk and only mother with a whisper.
Do you realize how ineffective whispers are with two little boys?  It has been an eye-opening day, to say the least. :)

So today I'm giving thanks for a great weekend, an incredible spouse, and the joy of talking audibly.  Can't wait to be back in stereo soon.  
Hope you are well.  God bless!  

6 comments:

Kat K said...

Oh my gosh... your laryngitis is all our fault! Guess we just have too much to talk about! :) I'm suffering from a little sleep deprivation... the price we pay for great conversation!

B-Mama said...

I know... Can't tell you the last time I stayed up until 1am with friends!! Too fun. You all made us feel "young again". lol. ;) Oh and the laryngitis was totally worth a great evening with you all!

Carolina Girl said...

Glad to hear you had a great weekend. B-man was the same as GG yesterday. It was his day and there we were at Coldstone (his favorite place) and he was holding our screaming Boo while his icecream melted before our eyes. I kept telling him, "Let me hold him...it's Father's Day..." and he just kept saying, "No! You eat your icecream". He even later said that although it was Father's Day, he felt like it was a day that fathers should thank the mothers.

Sorry to hear about the laryngitis. I can only imagine how hard it is to communicate with toddler boys without speaking!

We SOOO wish you could have joined us this weekend for fun!! It would be great if we could ALL get together again.

CG said...

dang - that food looks good.

Lillian said...

Hope you get better soon!

Care to share the recipe for the yummy looking dish, specifically the long, oblong dish??

B-Mama said...

Thanks Lillian! I will have to pester my mother-in-law for the recipe--I know her version of Eggs Benedict consisted of English muffins, cream cheese, ham, poached eggs, and drizzled hollandaise sauce! I actually think she might use a ready-made holl. sauce packet to make it, but I'll ask for you! Blessings to you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers