Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Choice

You, ladies, are wonderful in that you've affirmed my intuition...

... to choose #2!!   The Variegated Stripe Indigo
Thank you to all who voiced their thoughts in the previous post!  You had great things to say.  I had been leaning in the direction of #2--not too extreme, but also not too plain for the room with all of its basics.  The larger striped pattern is still an option, though I'm definitely thinking of doing more colorful patterns, ginghams, and stripes as room accents (pillows, etc.) which echo some of the subtle "fun" of the quilt.   














As you can see in the room shots above, we currently have some navy blankets hanging to cover the windows (notice the sleeping cherub in the crib shot!) and I do like their overall look, so the hint of stripe on the navy will be just enough to add a little pattern to the room.  Heidi also made a fun suggestion to add buttons and hooks at the top for a cute, boyish finish.  I definitely think we may do something of the sort-- some hook clips like these that might offer a little playful variety (and make my sewing venture even easier--I'm quite the novice!)

I'll have to keep you posted as the project progresses...  
Before that, though, we meet tonight with an interior designer(!), whose services come free(!!) if we order furniture through Norwalk.  I just about fell out of my chair when she told me she would help us design our family room, choose furniture and fabrics, and coordinate our ideas... for nothing!  Whew!!  What a relief that was!  GG and I have no clue what we're doing on the design front.  We desperately want to do things "right" because we plan to be here for awhile, but are operating on a tight budget.  Thankfully, April visits tonight and the family room design process starts!  I'll be sure to fill you in on the latest. ;)

Blessings to you all for a *wonderful* Wednesday.
Tomorrow I promise pics of M and the week-long Bible school he's been enjoying.  T and I have been joining him and another family afterward to picnic and play on the church playground.  How nice this time has been for us!  Praise God for His Provision of friends during this new Virginia adventure...  God bless!

5 comments:

Teacher-Mom said...

We have been at vacation bible school this week as well, which is why I've been delinquent on my posts and responses. It is our first of two. I'm teaching first graders (!), Joey is in class, and Max is in the nursery. So far, so good. I agree with the second choice of fabric. Both Joey and Max have dark curtains and it definitely works well to block the sun in the morning and during afternoon naps.

Krissy said...

Wow, that sounds great! I could sure use some design help. Our house is pathetic... (could it be that nothing matches and half our furniture is from garage sales:) )
My brother-in-law stumbled upon a similar good deal when he moved to DC. He met a design student and she did his whole apartment for him as her final project for school free of charge! It looks great.

B-Mama said...

Let's hope ours turns out as nice! We had a great time meeting with the gal last night--she is relatively young and hip, which is great and seems to be taking all of our likes and dislikes to heart! We'll see what she comes up with...

Now the issue is, what if we don't like it?! :) Thankfully she seems really open to working with us. So far, so good.

Heidi said...

I have a Norwalk winged back recliner . . . I love it! It is 10 years old and still looks brand new even though it has moved all over the US and to Germany and back! Great stuff but not cheap! Good Luck

B-Mama said...

Heidi, so glad to hear of your positive Norwalk recliner experience! Yes, it is definitely not cheap furniture (what we've always done), but we are finally ready to invest in some quality pieces that don't look like they belong in a dorm room! lol. ;)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers