Friday, June 6, 2008

Trying to Overachieve

But failing miserably.

Today, my 31-week pregnant self thought it would be a grand idea to mow the lawn in 100F heat.  

"You can do it, " I told myself, "Just take it in spurts and drink plenty of water."
"No problem, " I encouraged myself as I filled the tank with gas and checked the oil.

But then came time to pull the cord.
Once...  Twice...  Three times... and beyond.
And... nothing.

Sometimes it is in our limitations that we SAVE ourselves from making STUPID decisions.
Thank goodness!!!  
What was I thinking???

4 comments:

Kerry said...

What were you thinking?!!! No need to spur contractions on yourself! It is too hot besides sweet baby J will appreciate the fact you didn't turn the oven up any higher :) Take it easy girl. Blessings to you and your sweet growing baby.

T. Armstrong said...

This made me laugh. It is something that I would have done, and have done (a couple weeks ago when T was way busy at work.) I only got our front lawn done and decided that the yard looked good enough from the street! Keep your self cool!!! I think taking the boys swimming would be a much better idea in 100 degree heat! :)

Shannon said...

oh my goodness! so glad the lawn mower didn't work!

Kat said...

Very funny, I can totally picture this scene and your determination to get the lawn mowed! Wow, 100 degrees is hot!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers