Monday, June 23, 2008

Floral Embellishment

GG sweetly sent me out on a mission Sunday afternoon during the boys' naps:

"Go and help furnish our house.  I trust your judgment, just do not return without something new to help make this place feel more settled."

You mean, "Go out and shop without crying children?"
Twist my arm. :)
While the poor guy was slaving away at his bar studies, it was the least I could do to help. ;)

So *thank goodness* I happened upon the first day of a summer sale at Pier One!  Not only was I going to help furnish our home, I was going to be able to do it while saving $$.  Happiness! :)

I was tickled to happen upon some beautiful clearance glass hurricanes and also some peony and hydrangea flowers on sale.  Voila--with a little arranging, we had pieces for the two hallway coves that were screaming for attention!!  GG and I agree that we probably need a few more pieces for the rear of the hurricanes to help give the arrangements a little extra height.  Overall, though, I am so happy with the turnout...  

Little by little, our house is becoming a home!  God bless you and yours!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks beautiful! Way to go! Love the arrangements.

sw said...

i love the hurricanes! there's nothing better than finding great stuff at a bargain =)

Erin said...

really pretty!! There are these neat things (I think they are called sprays??)....anyways at JoAnns or Michaels in the silk floral area...they are spiral like and in different colors...long and would look pretty in those vases sticking up and give it height....sorry, I can't remember the technical name!!

Carolina Girl said...

What a great mission...go shopping for the house, without the boys, and COME BACK WITH SOMETHING!!!

The vases look great!

B-Mama said...

Erin, thanks so much for the tip. The sprays sound exactly like what we're looking for! I'll check 'em out--have to head to Joanne's anyway for some fabric to recover our kitchen table chairs! Thanks!

kat k said...

Looks perfect with the rugs.. much better than "art"! :)

amyseiffert@gmail.com said...

just caught up on your blog! you are looking beautiful and hopefully sounding beautiful too! Squeaks are better than nothing. AND you look great with your belly. Remember when it's all said and done, our little pooch is a badge of honor. ;) Love you. Ame

Lilypie First Birthday tickers