Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Welcome to Costco

I am happy to report that we are new members of the Costco craziness, buying into the frenzy for a mere $50 annual charge (!!) Let's hope I can recoup that $$ and more (I've been assured I will... :)

The boys and I headed there this morning to be greeted by muffins and orange juice (amazing perks for a mother of two young ones!!) I was also in an enamored state by the double grocery cart they were riding in. It is no secret how beyond giddy these make me! lol. :)

On the grocery list today:
*fruit
*diapers
*dishwashing detergent
*organic peanut butter (the Kirkland brand is awesome, FYI!)
*milk (SO much cheaper here!)

What I walked out of the store with:
*fruit (4 lbs. strawberries, 2lb. blueberries, 6lbs(!) bananas)
*diapers
*dishwashing detergent
*Kirkland pb
*milk
AND
*some Father's Day surprises for GG
*4 canisters of Clorox Wipes
*10(!) Oral B toothbrushes
*a box of 35 Fiber One bars
*2lbs. of Chicken and Veggie Potstickers
and *6lbs. of Beef Meatballs

In other words, Costco may end up being the death of me.
And our budget.

10 toothbrushes? Who needs that many?
But they were such a good deal. How could I resist?

Cheers to future "savings" as a result of today's bulk buying. Let's hope!!!!
And apparently, I'm not the only one fretting today's food prices.  God bless America!
God bless YOU!

9 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

So funny, b/c we just joined the SAM's club here, for no particular reason at all. We left with dog food, a 36 pack of pop tarts, chicken and spinach ravioli (I totally felt guilty about trying a sample and then not buying the item...enter ravioli into our buggy), and a 24 pack of bakery cookies! We almost bought the 4 pack of clorox wipes and various other items.

Teacher-Mom said...

I love making my trips to Sam's and I have to admit that I almost always come out with more than what was on my list. I have never, though, felt the need or the urge to buy 10 toothbrushes! I hope you at least got a variety of colors!

Kerry said...

Costco is great B! The shopping cart that holds 2 children makes it worth it :) You should try the stuffed pasta shells...they are yummy!

CG said...

Yo B - Could you post some more pics of the house? I'm really interested to see what the new abode looks like.

CG said...

on second thought - posting pics of your home's layout on the would wide web might not be a good idea...

B-Mama said...

Yes, the toothbrushes came in 5 assorted colors! Lucky us! :)

And cg, I'll send you a link to a photoshare site we have of pics. We'll get you covered!

rj said...

while i was in costco a few months ago, i overhead someone say "you know, i never knew i needed all this stuff until i walked into this place!" -- haha! that's always the way at costco. i highly recommend the six-pack of triple chocolate ghiradelli square brownie mix -- it's the best, no kidding! and the multi-grain chips that are hexagonal shaped-- they're so delicious and fairly healthy even, i think! happy large-cart shopping! ;)

B-Mama said...

Rebekah, yes, we've had the chips! They are amazing, I agree! I will have to check out the brownies too--thanks for the rec.!

Lib said...

Oh B, Ryan and I just looked at your Costco list and laughed. WE LOVE THAT PLACE. Seriously, we are milkdly obsessed with it friend. I know how you feel about how many temptations there are when you walk through, but my family sure loves it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers