Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Reflecting on today

A few of my favorite things:

* a small little boy, who attempts to squeeze himself into a cooking pot. The cutest. (My camera was seconds late. Shux!)

* two of the best, adorable living-room-cleaners you've ever met, who put their toys away so well tonight.

* a wee one who won't stop saying "pop" all day long because he desperately wants a lollipop.

* big brothers who share in their "I-pooped-on-the-potty" success by requesting their little brother have a lollipop too. Little brother is finally appeased!

* squeals of delight and smiles like sunshine when I remove the lollipop wrapper... :)

* naked babies running through the kitchen, escaping bathtime.

* the 10th round of "ABC's" coming from the bathtub.

* the dishwasher and washing machine going at the same time. We're getting somewhere.

* oxygen... breathing in general. Afrin nasal spray. Enough said.

* the chance to sit down and commune with you all...

Yes, these are a few of my favorite things today.
Hope you have a few of your own for which to thank the good Lord tonight.
God bless.

3 comments:

scath88 said...

the mental picture of a cute little boy in a cooking pot made me smile today =)

sorry to hear that you've been sick, but am glad you're starting to feel better!

Krissy said...

Blake pooped on the potty yesterday too! A favorite moment for me since it was his first time ever! But he didn't get a lollipop:( Poor Blake!

Cris said...

This got me thinking about some of my favorite things: rain drops on roses, whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with string - those are a few of my favorite things. Oh, and how can I forget girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, snow flakes that fall on my nose and eyelashes, silver white winters that melt into spring - those are also some of my favorite things. Fortunately, when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers