Saturday, January 19, 2008

Excuses, Excuses!

I admit to being a less-than-stellar blogger this past week.
For this, I am so sorry...
If you only knew the whole story, though, I'd think you'd understand.

A load of nausea... A lot of fatigue...
A little bit of baby.

YES!
We are expecting again!!!
Hallelujah, indeed.

My excuses actually extend a ways back to about, oh, the Thanksgiving holiday or so.
I've been a little secret-keeper, treasuring my little bit of news and praying for a healthy continuation of the pregnancy. (Please know, though, how I ached to tell you, my blogging readers!!! I'm such an open book, this
was a real challenge for me!)
But now we've made it--Monday I will be through the first trimester!
Woohoo!!

And while all of this has brought about great reflection on our sweet Jude, we know God has the most perfect of plans beyond our wildest dreams. He is preciously caring for Jude and both are rejoicing in heaven with us in this new life!

Here are some other girly details-- I'm due around August 4th or so, which is a week after GG's bar exam! We are already praying for great timing there. This will probably be a first where I'll be praying to deliver LATE! :) lol. Overall, though, the timing (while slightly stressful) is almost perfect because GG won't be starting his new job until September. That means we'll have a month to bond together as a family... Can't wait.

My nurse practitioner took pity on my nerves at my first appt. at 9.5 weeks and gave me a quick ultrasound, which revealed the little squirt with a wonderfully beating heart! What a relief! We were thrilled to know our baby was thriving at that point... And have been praying every day for a continuation of its health and well-being.

Above all, GG and I realized the other day that our boys are GROWING and becoming "bigger" little guys before our very eyes. As of next month, we'll have a 3-year-old under our roof and two boys eating peanut butter (I start it at 18mos.)! M is beginning to share and try new things. T-baby is really starting to say different words and communicate well. Our babies are growing up!

All that said, it's time for another baby Gasperini in the world!
It's time!!

So there you have it, my little piece of heaven.
Thanks for walking this journey with us and praying for God's will along the way.
Thanks for sharing in our joy!

Whew! So glad you finally know...

Hugs and prayers! May God bless your Saturday evening.

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Many prayers will be with you that you have a wonderful pregnancy! Congratulations.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! How surprised we were to see the new counter on top of your blog. You fertile little family, you!

Congratulations!!!!! We are so incredibly happy for you and your boys! We are sending you our love and prayers!

scath88 said...

congrats congrats congrats! i'm so excited for you--that's amazing news!

Jess said...

That's soooo wonderful! Congratuations. I can't wait to meet the newest little Gasperini.

Ms. Collopy said...

What wonderful news!!! I'm crying tears of joy for you all right now. Rachel turned me onto your blog, and I love reading about all of you (we met on an airplane years ago).

I'm just thrilled and inspired by your strength, faith, love, and restraint too:)

Shannon said...

I am so wonderfully, wonderfully happy for you. I'll keep praying for you. Wow, B!!!

This is just wonderful (how many times can I say the word wonderful!!!). Such a blessing.

Take good care of yourself!!

Carolina Girl said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!!
So happy for your budding family. I can't believe Matthew and Joey are about to be THREE!!! Seems like yesterday...

Lillian said...

Congratulations!!! I've been praying for you for a while, though!! ;-)

Emma said...

Yup...the baby counter at the top threw me...I was searching through past unread blogs to see when you broke the news!
CONGRATULATIONS! We send our best wishes, love and blessings!

Emma

Anonymous said...

B-
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so excited for you and the boys. My prayers will be with you.

Love,
Ad

MaryAnn said...

Hi B - I clicked on your blog from one of J.A.'s links a while back and have since met your fabulous mil at our Blue Star gatherings! Hear you'll be moving to Richmond soon - would love to meet you. And CONGRATS on that great news!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers