Friday, January 25, 2008

Mama Chronicler


Spending oodles of hours turning the lives of these two...

into these...
Oh to give one's children the joy of their documented lives! My mom has done an amazing job of keeping track of all the little things... At last check, she was scrapbooking every detail about my senior year in high school. Incredible! Both my parents have always made me feel so loved as they cherish my every moment on earth with their overall enthusiasm.

While some parents choose to capture memories in different ways--through photography, videography, scrapbooking, etc.-- I am choosing to do it through writing; a chore, indeed.
And while the blog helps capture a few, I've been jotting down stories and milestones on my babies since day one without ever really having a place to put them... Until NOW!

I'm finally pulling them all together into the kids' own personal journals. The beauty of this endeavor is it's almost done!! Yahoo! M's (in blue) has the few remaining pages of notes left to transfer before I can *really* begin to chronicle our day-to-day. Oh, the end is in sight!

Cute notes of late?
* M says, "Mommy, I'm not a big boy. I'm an M (full name)."
* T-baby says "Elmo" and "apple" readily.
* M makes it through morning pre-school successfully in underwear!
* T learns to close his eyes, but squint ever-so-slightly to see us. The cutest of displays!
* M crayons correctly with his right hand--a lefty in sports and spooning and a righty in writing? We'll see...

So that's what I've been up to these days, humbly chronicling.
What about you? Hope you've been well.
God bless you today in this FRIDAY! Yahoo!

2 comments:

va mama said...

Such love warms the cockles of our hearts. We miss you so.....

Shannon said...

i love this!!! I have similar journal plans for my little ones some day... and some journals already in progress!!

Your boys (and their wives and children) will forever thank you and their God for such a sweet mama! I'm sure it'll be a source of fun to read when they're older too... I'm picturing a cozy night with a fire, hot cocoa, and your gang "hanging out" with their fun parents!

Prayers!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers