Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Daddy Tax

As GG passed pieces of cut pear to a waiting M last night at dinner, he took a large bite from the top of each one. "GG!" I cried, "Don't take his food!"

GG smiled back and stated emphatically, "Didn't your dad ever take overly large bites from your ice cream cone? That's The Daddy Tax. It's part of the deal."

I just had to laugh.
And then I seemed to remember a Mommy Tax from somewhere in my past.
If not, I'm definitely inventing it.
Particularly with children's french fries.

God bless you!

5 comments:

OH M said...

...and boy were they yummy!! ;)

va mama said...

cg is right about that!!! We celebrate you on your 29th birthday, B-Mama (Jan 9). Hope the boys spoil you rotten today. Enjoy lunch with your mom and dad.

Jess said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Jenica Cory said...

Happy Birthday B-Mama from the Corys! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

And I enjoyed every bite of my Daddy Taxes over the years. Happy Birthday B-Mamma. We love you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers