Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hormonal

I just finished reading T-baby his nighttime stories before putting him to bed. As per usual, he chose two favorites, The Cuddly Chick: A Snuggle Book and Goodnight Baby before picking an unusual selection, Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch, a sweet story of a mother raising a son.

Oh boy! Was this mama not prepared to emotionally handle such a story, particularly when the son rocks his aging mother and sings to her... By that time, I was a weepy mess and couldn't get out half the words! T-baby just looked at me like, "Mom, get over it." lol.
I guess crying over a sweet book, though, is much better than in my pregnancy with him, when I shed tears after a woman won the mountain climbing game on the Price Is Right by $1. Jubilation! Tears! The whole gamut.

Yes, this was a much better reason to cry.
Silly hormones!

Hope you've enjoyed a wonderful weekend. God bless.

6 comments:

va mama said...

Tears are welling up in my eyes just knowing the story and reading your reaction....and I'm not even pregnant!!! This book expresses such a beautiful love.

Jessica said...

Haha, I love the mountain climbing game on the Price is Right!

Ryan and Amy said...

Been there, Done that... different bed time story, same reaction. Gotta love those hormones. (It's nice to know it isn't just me) :)

Carolina Girl said...

Ha! Love and hate those pregnancy hormones!

Heidi said...

That book does it to me everytime . . . it really fits our family. Oh there is another one that is just about a mother and son that I just can not read too . . . the name escapes me but it is goo.

I loved the 'get over it' . . . kids always know what to say to lighten the mood.

Anonymous said...

All I do is cry with that story. But it's also a bit weird, too, right? What is the mom doing breaking and entering with a ladder to her 30 year old son? Hmmm....

Lilypie First Birthday tickers