Monday, January 7, 2008

Baby Joy

I joyfully write today to announce baby Owen, born at 3:56am to dear friends, Jess and Will (and sister, Carlee Scott!) We've been waiting for the "little" guy to show up, but didn't expect all 9lbs. 4oz. of him!!! Way to go, Jess!!!

GG had the opportunity to speak with Will today and got an *awesome* baby report, complete with weight, time of birth, labor duration, etc. When he got off the phone, though, I still had my typical girly questions: how long was Owen?, is Jess feeling alright?, how long will they have to stay at the hospital??? GG replied, "Honey, guys just don't ask those types of things." So typical, I must say. ;) At least I got a little more information than usual...

Here's an example of our usual friends-have-had-a-baby report from GG:
GG: Oh, so-and-so had their baby. (This news is usually about a week late.)

B-mama: Oh my goodness!!!!!! When?

GG: Uh, maybe Saturday.

B-mama: What were the baby's stats?

GG: Uh, I didn't think to ask.

B-mama: How long was her labor? Is the baby doing alright? How's the mom feeling? Are they home from the hospital yet?

GG: Silence.
GG: Continued silence... Why don't you email and see how they're doing? That might be nice.

lol.
He's so exasperating and so lovable all at the same time!!!
Thank goodness he doesn't have it all together--where would I fit in if he did?

Welcome little Owen and God bless you today.

[*I've updated the prayer requests and ask for your continued prayers. Thank you!]

4 comments:

va mama said...

I just spoke with GG on the phone within the last hour and I didn't hear a word about baby Owen... (guys-gotta love 'em)...So glad to read about the blessed delivery!

Jessica said...

HILARIOUS post, B!! We laughed and laughed. I will post all the good details on my blog when we get the photos uploaded. Hopefully it will be soon!!! Love you guys.

Carolina Girl said...

Ha! I think you might have to have been pregnant to give a good baby report. If I look back over the years, I too have failed miserably when giving them (remembering only names, approx weights, and health of family). But now that I'm waiting to make my own announcement, I think I'm well on my way to asking and listening to all of the right things! :)

Jaime said...

So funny. Silly guys. It's actually comforting on some levels to know it's not just one of them...they're all detail handicapped in some way. Gotta love them though.:)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers