Monday, November 19, 2007

Wouldn't you know it!

I slammed my finger in one of our kitchen drawers Saturday night while cooking.
No one was around and thank goodness! It hurt SO bad (yeah, that's capitalized and italicized). Really, I had to hum low tones/groans for minutes just to bear with the pain (incidentally this is also a technique for dealing with pain in natural labor; not that I would know--2 epidurals here. :) All night my finger throbbed and I thought at one point that it was broken...

Oh no. No sir. No broken bones. NOR wounds. NOR gashes. NOR practically anything.
What do I have as a result of all my pain and turmoil, you ask?

A bruise. A very small bruise on my fingernail. Are you kidding me? :)

I explained the whole story to GG and I could tell he was feeling very sorry for me until... He saw the pathetically uninjured fingernail-- "Oh, that's it."
Ugh! Madness! :)

I just had to blog about it. lol.
God bless you for listening! Thanks! :)


The pathetic injury with bruise barely visible on the middle finger.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw, B!!! That's such a sad yet humorous story. Maybe the bruise will get worse and you'll have more proof of the pain! :)

Kellie said...

Hysterical! I don't bruise very easily and so I never have much to show for my VERY painful injuries. If my mother and sister so much as bump into something funny, they look as if they were beaten with a baseball bat! On a positive note, if your finger was badly bruised you might lose your fingernail...which would be very unsightly for the holiday season :-)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers