Monday, November 26, 2007

10 years?

As I mentioned before, this past weekend was my high school class' tenth reunion. What a blast it was! Really. It was so entertaining overall, I thought I'd write a top 10 list to honor the ten years past. Here goes...

THE TOP TEN REASONS TO RETURN FOR ONE'S TENTH REUNION

10. Hanging crepe paper streamers beforehand may hone one's rusty decorating skills. Are the streamers hanging symmetrically? Do we need more twists? Excellent. :)

9. The trip down memory lane serves to spark a youthful enthusiasm, making you think you have as much energy and motivation as you did 10+ years ago. That's a good thing for this worn-out mama!! :)

8. You're not as fat, as wrinkly, or as out of touch as the other guy. (This is a horrible reason, but I had to include it!) lol. :) You'd never believe some of the changes in people in ten years!

7. Staying out until 2 a.m. every once-in-a-while is good for the soul. Right? Still wondering.

6. Talking to folks from the past is really heartwarmning. It brings one back to her roots, which is always a good thing.

5. You may learn a thing or two from some learned classmates, e.g. our generation (1977-1999) are called "millenials". Who knew?

4. Dancing to Madonna's Immaculate Collection never gets old.

3. Your spouse may surprise you by being such a good sport. So good that he escapes half the night with the other husbands to watch football in the nearby lounge. Fine by me! (Oh, and the Irish won! What could be better?)

2. You'll return home, embrace your children, and praise God that you are well beyond high school.

1. You may find, when all is said and done, that you grew up around really good people, who may not think like you or agree with you, but in the end have really good hearts.

I feel very blessed to have gone to school with the people I did--not a shabby place to end up after a heartwarming tenth reunion, don't you think?


Scath88 and B-mama

5 comments:

Shannon said...

what fun! you look gorgeous!!

Jessica said...

I love it!!! I had a BLAST at my reunion last month and I'm so glad to read that yours was fun too!

Kim F said...

It was so great to see you this past weekend! Doug was very thankful to have GG to hang out and watch football with. You are the best!

Carolina Girl said...

Sounds like fun. My 10th was last summer. Sometimes it feels like yesterday I was standing on the coveted Senior lawn, but I agree...I'm glad to be beyond high school!

elissa said...

I'm so glad you were able to make it! I wanted to go, but we were in Missouri visiting with Jory's family. Maybe next time, right?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers