Tuesday, November 13, 2007

To and Fro

We've had quite the busy morning here in Gasperini-Ville.
Our day started with a bright and sunny 6:45am wake-up by T-baby. Soon, the whole family was moving (GG was already downstairs studying--what a good boy!) and we were off on our Tuesday...

After dropping GG and M at their respective schools (on the same campus, thankfully!), T-baby and I headed to the doctor's for his 15mos. check-up. What a good boy he was! He currently ranks in the 90th percentile for height, ~25th for weight, and 40th for head size! ! Our little boy's head has finally started catching up and he's quite the string bean despite his hefty appetite. The doc was pleased and offered some temporary relief for T-babe's everpresent eczema. He said new research shows bathing every day with soap really helps the condition by removing as much staff bacteria present on the skin, which can later cause the allergic reaction. As long as we get lotion on him within 5min. of his bath, we're golden! I found this extremely encouraging. My thoughts were, the dryer the skin, the less one should bathe. Look what I knew! T received two shots in addition to the physicial exam and off we went.

Our next stop was out at my friend, Carol's, apartment complex, where she and I have agreed to meet to do some ab and weight work! T-babe had fun walking around and playing with the basketballs... Meanwhile, Carol and I busted our guts with every kind of sit-up, calisthenic, and lifting exercise. It was awesome! I know I'll be sore tomorrow, but it'll be worth it. :)

T-baby and I dashed out of there to make a "quick" stop to the grocery store on our way to pick up M from preschool. I don't know why I ever dream of anything at the grocery store being at all expedient or quick! We found our goods, had to dash back to the car to get my wallet(!), and ended up in the UScan aisle all ready to go. Then the scanner broke and I had to enter everything in by the UPC code! Ugh, when technology fails... Really, we are so dependent, but when QUICK becomes the expectation, anything less is just SO SLOW! Off we ran to our car to head to preschool, running very late.

And thankfully, we arrived right on the money to a bright-eyed, cheeky M, who greeted us with sweet hugs and smiles. What a little blessing. He just loves his time at school, making this mama bubble over with happiness. Today his name was drawn to take home the class song book. Guess we'll be doing a little singing around here in the next couple of days! :) The only tough part is they don't provide the melodies, but encourage the kids to teach the songs to their parents. Oh boy! :)

With one final dash home, we've eaten, read stories, and the kiddos are a'snoozin'. Hallelujah.

In the meantime, I've baked a batch of the best pumpkin cookies on the planet! Our house smells incredible. :) Plan to work these into your holiday cooking plan, they are DIVINE and God-breathed! :)
God Bless you today! Big November hugs.

Amazing Pumpkin Cookies
1 C. cooking oil
1 and 2/3 C. granulated sugar
1 16oz. can pumpkin
Beat these together until light and fluffy.

2C. flour
2t. baking powder
2t. cinnamon
1t. salt
1t. baking soda
Stir dry mixture together and then combine with pumpkin mixture.
Bake for 350F for 12-15min. on an ungreased cookie sheet.

When cool, mix the following and frost:
1 3oz. pkg. cream cheese, soft
1/2C. butter, soft
1t. vanilla
2C. (or more) powdered sugar

3 comments:

scath88 said...

what a whirlwind of activity! i'll definitely have to try your cookie recipe...

Alicia said...

Yummy!! These cookies sounds fantastic!

Rachel said...

I know this is an old post, but I just had to let you know ... I've made your pumpkin cookies twice already this fall and they are *heavenly*! I'm also a HUGE fan of your cheesy potato soup! Keep posting more recipes! You are an amazing cook! I'm sure your boys appreciate all the yummy things you make!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers