Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks be to God today for His presence in our lives, particularly through the Body of Christ he has given us here on earth.
We are reveling today in:

*the invigoration of a bright and early holiday morning; our children are making sure we appreciate the full extent of the day (5am...) :)

*the peace of family (though not really peaceful with 4 young cherubs running around later this afternoon!)

*the warmth of togetherness (though temperatures promise to plummet, bringing snow!) Our hearts will be warm despite!

*the bliss of food favorites like Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling (God's gift to potatoes) and my newly discovered rave pumpkin cookies!

*the rekindling of old family tales and arguments around the Thanksgiving table. Every year the "deer story" resurfaces, causing great debate within the family. It's a rather long story, but in short, my sister hilariously claims to have a hit a deer once in high school. We argue that it was my dad who actually did the deed, causing frontal damage to the family Oldsmobile. We go round and round, laugh hysterically, and ultimately question my sister's memory. Good times. :)

*the hope of being reunited with old friends. My high school 10th reunion is this weekend! Should have some interesting stories to share when it's all said and done... :) Thankfully GG will be along for the ride.

*And finally, I'm thankful for YOU... my dear friends via the blogosphere! Thanks for listening!

Blessings to you this Turkey Day! Eat up and be well.

3 comments:

scath88 said...

happy thanksgiving b! can't wait to see you and meet GG on saturday =)

Carolina Girl said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great time with your family and friends this weekend.

Shannon said...

hope you had a great Thanksgiving!! I have my 5 year high school reunion this weekend! Not sure I'm so excited about it :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers