Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Anticipating Advent

Though Advent doesn't officially begin until Sunday, I have already begun my own celebration of the season with a little euphoria...

I can't explain it, yet my heart feels as if it's bursting with joy and overflowing with the presence of the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah! The past couple of days have truly rocked my little world in awesome ways. Thanks be to God!

And I have been desperately waiting for a time like this for awhile... A time of intimate prayer, feeling as if God is nearer than He has been in a long time (though He is always near, whether I recognize it or not); a time of peace and patience, waiting in the knowledge that God's will is perfect and better than anything I have planned; a time of reflection and introspection, looking within and renewing parts of me that have become dormant and lifeless.

It has been euphoric, I tell you, and the season has yet to begin! :)

This Advent, Gasperini-Ville will be starting some new family traditions. I just received the most adorable children's Advent wreath with velcro candles... I ordered it here and was overjoyed to find it was well-made and user-friendly. Now my young cherubs can participate in the "lighting" of the Advent wreath without a fire hazard. Another Hallelujah!! Considering our latest track record, removing real fire from Gasperini-Ville would be a good thing.

Leaving, of course, the fire of Christ and the warmth of the season in our hearts.
Hope your hearts are equally as blessed in this season of anticipation.
Happy pre-Advent and God bless!

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

It went great--M placed the first purple candle in our wreath and we celebrated Mass along with a baby's baptism with friends. A wonderful start!! And you?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers