Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Late Night Musings

It is past midnight here in G-Ville and I am up.  Or shall I say, I've already been to bed and now am up.  Top of the morning to ya! ;)

On an occasional night, GG and I will snuggle with the boys at bedtime.  Tonight I did 2 minutes with M and 2 minutes with T.  Three hours later, I emerged to find that GG had laid down with J and never woke up either!  Aren't we a pair? :)  If there's one thing that's true these days, it's that mom and dad are BUSHED by bedtime.  Every last bit of energy has been used up and we are tired, folks.  We even had hopes of doing some prayer tonight and watching the debate after, but I guess sleep was more important!!

At midnight the baby woke up (she's been keeping some unusual hours lately--teething? growing?) and I fed her.  Afterward, I couldn't deny my kitchen any longer.  It was a total wreck.  Dishes were still to be done from two nights ago to more accurately describe our predicament.  No matter what I did today, I just never got around to the kitchen sink.  But tonight I did.  I shuffled down there and got to work and now you should see it--it is sparkling and there is hope of our survival tomorrow!  Whew!

Besides that, I don't have anything terribly thoughtful or cute to write at this hour, so I will instead entertain you for one last minute with some pictures I took last week of our minivan, Big Blue.  It was overdue for a cleaning...
BEFORE
I wish I could say my children don't eat in the car, but they do all the time.
It saves us on many occasions, but here is the consequence!!

Yuck!
AFTER
A dustpan and hand broom did an amazingly excellent job at removing the filth.  Sigh... nothing like a clean vehicle to make a mama feel a little more put together.



So there you have it, friends.
Sleep tight and God bless!

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers