Saturday, October 6, 2012

Autumn, is that you?

After a balmy hot October day, the weather outside thankfully seems to be turning toward cozy.  By tomorrow, we'll be having daytime temperatures 30 degrees below today!  Time to bring out the long pants for good.  Go autumn, go!

As if on cue, I had the urge to put some of our delicious apples to work this afternoon.  They cooked for a few hours in the crockpot and voila, applesauce!  It is so yummy (and easy) from scratch.  The time-consuming part is coring and peeling all the apples, but then all you have to do is put them in the pot and away you go.  I will never take a jar of applesauce for granted knowing how many apples it takes to get the smallest amount of sauce!  Thankfully, we have plenty of go 'round and can each enjoy seconds...

That is except for our T-man.  He detests applesauce and won't even look at it, even the homemade kind.  Stinker!  Must be a texture thing, though he loved it as a baby.  Just recently we've conquered sauteed green beans and pineapple with him, so I'm not pushing it, but I definitely will.  I also desperately want him to eat peanut butter, but he avoids it at all costs.  I know some kids will do this as a self-regulation for allergies, but we never saw a reaction when he was younger and haven't when he eats peanut butter cups, etc.  He's just a stinker, for sure!  I wonder where he got his stubbornness?!  (crickets) :)

I am off to put the baby to bed.  Then its ND football time for the kids and me--they are bathed and jammied and ready to cheer on the Irish!  Happy weekend!

God bless,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Claren won't eat peanut butter or applesauce either, though she loves apples and peanut butter cups. I think it is a texture issue. Just know that T is not alone in his food preferences/idiosyncrasies!

Aunt Liz

Lilypie First Birthday tickers