Saturday, October 13, 2012

Friday Friend


What a joy it was yesterday to see my friend, Shannon, an amazing Catholic woman of God who I actually met through the wonderful world of blogging.  Little did we know, our connections were many and our spirits, very kindred.  We've been friends ever since and Shannon is always so sweet to swing by when she's near.  Thank you to Shannon and her new hub, MM, who stopped in on their way to start their married life in NC.  This was my first time meeting MM and he was everything I imagined him to be and more--what a true perfect match for Shannon.  Praise God for bringing them together.  J, MG, Baby G, and I were so spoiled to see them after lunch--it was such a blessing.

I intended to put up this post yesterday afternoon and just never managed to get to it.  One week in and I've already busted my streak--sorry! My ultimate excuse for not blogging was that GG and I had a *date* last night, thrown together at the last minute thanks to our dynamic duo, Mimi and Papa.  Cheers to them!  We had a lovely time at a mexican restaurant three minutes from our house and finished our precious time together with an after-dinner coffee at 'bucks.  It was awesome!  Even more fun was running into a large group of 6th-graders coming from one of their cotillion events.  They were so cute and social and all we could think about was that we are only four years away from such events happening with our M!  Four!  Yikes!!  At this point cotillion doesn't seem like something he'd EVER want to do, but a lot can change in four years.  We'll just have to wait and see... ;)

We had a stupendous soccer Saturday today followed by a fantastic orange belt test for our T.  He passed!  The boys even squeezed in a trip to the new Toys 'R Us that went in near our house and weaseled some new Legos out of Papa.  Crafty kids! ;)  We finished the night watching the recorded ND game, which ended with a surprising win.  We'll take it!

Happy weekend!  God bless,

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thanks, B! I love this!!
We had such a blast seeing you guys! We spent hours at the mall and had the MOST delicious dinner at FireBirds! Thanks for your suggestion!

I've already started reading the $ book :)

Thankyou thank you again!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers