Friday, October 5, 2012

Apple Picking 2012

We had such a lovely time a week ago, frolicking in the foothills and picking apples as a family.  Our goal was to find a more local-feeling orchard unlike the touristy, dusty, mountainous one we've frequented other years.  Success!  We were happy to discover our favorite summer peach orchard also offers two varieties of pick-your-own apples along with other varieties to buy.  It is calm and quiet and set amidst beautiful countryside.  I could seriously settle there and never leave.  It is just right in so many ways--I think we always leave breathing a little deeper.

The G crew had such a nice time actually picking apples.  It was surprising how quickly we filled 4 large bags.  I guess when you have 8 hands picking (baby G doesn't count yet!), you can get the job done fast!  Afterward, we headed to a favorite local brewery and found out they were having a harvest festival, complete with bluegrass band, bounce house, and corn hole games tableside.  What could be better?  I sipped my hard cider while watching the kids bounce.  Beautiful mountain vistas were our backdrop.  Total perfection.  I would have frozen time if possible.  Good to remember when we're having more challenging days...

With that said, I'll let the pictures do the talking.  Props to GG for his fine photography--I think he's pretty darn good!

Baby G loves to eat the Bjorn.  She was like this most of the afternoon!  The Ergo carrier is in our future, for sure.


I love this one because it shows everyone doing his own thing, unscripted.  T is partially hidden behind me.












God bless on this Friday night!

1 comment:

FL M said...

Cutest bunch of apple pickers I've seen!! Beautiful pics!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers