Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring Fever

I think it's safe to say we've caught the fever...

Today the windows are open, the back door stands ajar, and the morning sun filters through the trees to find us basking in the breeze, the warmth, and the beauty of it all. Praise God for the promise of spring!

As we make our way into week 3 of our Lenten journey, our Jesus Tree is beginning to fill and brighten. We have a spring cleaning venture on the horizon thanks to several blogger mamas, who have inspired me to take a look at the nitty gritty of our home and challenge myself toward welcoming the Easter season with newness and revival! I am so encouraged to commit the remaining weeks of Lent toward this Easter home preparation. Bring on the seratonin!! :)

Some of the bloggers have created a room/task per day for the rest of Lent. While I like this approach, I can see myself needing a more detailed plan to motivate me to do a thorough job in each of my rooms. This gal set out a very aggressive plan last year that I'm going to try to adapt for Gasperini-Ville. We'll see... I will update tomorrow to show my plan.

Have a blessed Monday!

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Wow, that is some serious ambition...good for you ladies! I don't think I could get that much cleaning done in a year and I get discouraged with to do lists that long because I feel like I am never making any progress. That said I am trying to sift through rooms and storage to prepare for a serious garage sale before we move.

Shannon said...

doesn't the spring weather make everything better?
we had one day of spring on Sunday and then it snowed yesterday!!! it's sunny and cold today, but I'll take the sun!

Hope you're enjoying continued sun in your parts and that you're staying close to the Son!

Prayers!

laura said...

Hi! It's Laura - Kat, Annie and Amy's girlfriend from N.C. I just love catching up on the happenings of Gaspirini-Ville! We've definitely got spring fever down here in Carolina too! I wish we could stay outdoors all day long! Hope you and your boys are well!

Carolina Girl said...

That is very ambitious! I made a list a while ago b/c I knew we would be moving. Unfortunately, it remains just that...a list. Nothing checked off yet. Oh boy!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers