Monday, March 30, 2009

Sigh.

After 13 hours on the road today, my head is spinning... but we are home! Praise God for safe travels. While I admit to yelling at I-95 more than a few times (often while in a construction jam), the trip home thankfully went very smooth. The boys were absolute travel gems, even down to the last hour of being strapped in their seats. I often think some of our best times are in the car because they can't get in trouble and I am at full attention (not distracted by housework, the computer, etc.) The trip furthered this theory of mine--it was to be cherished.

We all had a great time reuniting with GG and Papa tonight. Papa was clutch in providing dinner for us, weary road warriors, and a ride home for me from the airport, where I *squeaked* in with our rental van with two minutes to spare before being charged for another day. Thanks Pop!

And many, many thanks to my amazing parents (aka. Gramz and Pappy), who went above and beyond (as usual) to give us a great "vacay"! Love you!! Here are some glimpses of our week... I have some trip highlights in store for a post tomorrow.
God bless you,








3 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

I was wondering if you had driven or flown to FL. I can't imagine either choice would have been easy. Kudos to you for doing it with 3 boys!! Glad you're back safe and sound! I be GG was super excited to have you back.

B-Mama said...

Carolina, I almost called you on the going and the coming as we passed through your homeland. Something always came up to prevent me from doing so! Just know you were thought of... :)

Right Said Red said...

M looks like such a big boy. And your sisters boys are so big! I always forget they are the same age as G--5!

Sorry I missed your call! I'm glad to hear you survived the traffic, it sounded terrible.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers