Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Feast of St. Patrick!!

Our wishes: Green hugs and non-Irish (we're Italian and German by blood) wishes to you on this St. Patrick's Day! Who said you have to be Irish to partake in the fun?!

Our thoughts: Today marks the 5(!)-year anniversary since GG's return from Iraq. What an overjoyed celebration we had back in 2004 upon seeing him after a year apart. I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it... :)

Our activities: Today the boys are decked out in green as is their mama. We celebrated this morning with green candies in our pancakes and a lunchtime trip to Trader Joe's and Kohl's (what fun?! :) The boys did so well and I realized why I enjoy toting them around with me so often--they are really fun and approach life with such joy! Despite our occasional hang-ups, it really is such a pleasure to be their mother. I especially delighted in them today as they cracked up at the cashier, who pretended to throw our cantaloupe across the store. lol. I do love seeing them spread their joy to the world around them. What passerby wouldn't smile at three giggling boys in the market? They are the best. GG and I are in constant awe of their gleeful approach to life. We, adults, could learn a few things from them after all.

On the home front: I have to confess playing a little catch-up today in regard to my spring cleaning venture. I managed to excuse my way out of the weekend to-do's, leaving me with more than enough on my plate yesterday. Only half of the plantation shutters and miniblinds are clean. Only half of the bathroom cabinets have been reorganized and refreshed. I am slowly getting back on track... We DID start our Florida packing today, though, and I'm proud to report finishing Baby J and my bags! 2 down, 2 to go. We also picked up two surf shirts for the older two boys today while we were out. Advanced packing = good thing!

God bless you!

1 comment:

Candi said...

I just love reading your uplifting posts! I can almost hear your voice talking - thanks for reminding us all how blessed we are!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers