Thursday, March 19, 2009

Overload

(part of) Team In Training Spring 2009 Group

Okay, I don't know what in God's creation I was thinking when I planned to prepare for two upcoming trips and tackle my spring cleaning all at the same time. Whew! Gasperini-Ville has been a busy, busy place... The laundry alone is just about doing me in!! Last night I sat in the hallway next to a pile taller than me (but I got it all folded--woohoo!) Tack onto all of this my obsession with leaving my house spotless before a big trip and I'm just about imploding! lol.

The half-marathon is in three(!!!) short days and I am gearing up. I did my last run today and the remaining days will be spent resting up for the big 13.1. I acknowledged to GG the other night just how nervous I am for this one. So much time and preparation has gone into this endeavor that I just REALLY want to run FAST!!! I know, I know, I can hear you all saying it--"Just go out there and have fun." I know. But that still doesn't change the fact that I'd like to have fun AND run fast. :)

My ultimate goal for Sunday is to run a sub 1:40 (7:37 min/mile) half. My PR from before is 1:42.15, so I guess my secondary goal would be to beat that time. My tertiary goal is to finish and enjoy the experience. Let's hope I make all three! :) In the end, though, I am beyond honored to be running on behalf of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through Team In Training. Wearing the purple jersey will undoubtedly inspire me to push beyond time limits and energy deficits to represent people like my grandfather, Mickey, and GG's late aunt, Stephanie, who fought blood cancers. I am so honored to do so. If any of you ever want the motivation to run a longer race such as this, I encourage you to seek out a local Team In Training group in your area. It has been a really awesome experience!!

Do these two look alike or what?

Someone is sitting up! Guess who?!

Prayers to you for a blessed Thursday!

4 comments:

Candi said...

Is that Art Ritter in your picture doing Team in Training with you? Tell him I said hello...he is a neighbor and great guy!

Krissy said...

It's hard to believe I was ever able to keep up with you on any training runs speedy girl...Oh yeah you were unknowingly pregnant with M, now I remember how I kept up with you:)

Teacher-Mom said...

You are so busy, I don't know how you do it. We shall call you Wonderwoman!! Good luck with the big race and all of your travels. We know you will do well. You met your donation goal and I'm sure you will smash your running goal. You go girl!!

Right Said Red said...

Oh, baby J looks great sitting up! Sorry I'm late to comment on this.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers