Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mac Attack

Gasperini-Ville is now among the newest Apple owners!

Today we happily ventured into the world of the iMac... and are thrilled about it!!
My PC woes were settled by the GeekSquad. Apparently, it would have taken an additional $300 to salvage our old "hunk 'o junk". Better to reinvest and move on.

Thankfully, I'm happy to report they were able to save all of our files, photos and movies!
Hallelujah!!!

And I must say, it is really incredible to see what the Mac offers in terms of graphic capabilities, etc. Through iPhoto, I can make a photo book of family photos and send it off to printing. Amazing!

**If any of you techno-savvy folks have Mac tips to share, please pass them on!
In the meantime, happy Mac'ing!!
(And FYI, tomorrow we will be officially linked up to high-speed internet and back on the blogosphere regularly! Whew!!) Blessings...

6 comments:

Shannon said...

B- I bought my mac almost a year ago and I love love love it!
I just made a fun "bachelorette" dvd for my friend filled with pictures of college and beyond to celebrate our friendship....all on my mac! Too fun.

Happy Feast of the Visitation...and glad to hear you're all settled in!

sw said...

hey, i've been thinking about switching to macs for awhile; i just haven't made the jump yet.

let me know if you find any serious cons...am trying to figure out if it's worth it for me to ditch my dell!

Blair said...

Welcome to the iMac world...it's great, huh? Never tried to delete entire words, so I can't help you there! But yeah, iPhoto is pretty cool and I need to try one of those photo books soon!

Shannon said...

B-Mama-
I just looked it up online... I googled "mac shortcuts." Apparently you hit "option + delete." I just tried it and it works!!! I think I'll have to try using this feature!

Jessica Anderson said...

i've found the classic shortcuts for copy, paste and cut to be really helpful - instead of control + c, v and x like on a PC, you do the same but with the apple key. (I have a MacBook laptop) let me know if you want me to describe it better over the phone!

B-Mama said...

Great info girls, thanks! I highly recommend the delete entire word function--it is very helpful when typing! Saves time...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers