Monday, May 26, 2008

Moving On Up

Today marks move-in day to our new house!!

Here's a look at some things we've been up to...

A little new home wrestling

Exploring, of course...

...complete with ample running.

Boy's room prepping and painting on Friday (finishing just in time last night!)

And did I mention we managed to squeeze in a wedding on Saturday? It was gorgeous! Notice the amazing cake below of Aspen mountain ski slopes. Are you kidding me?

What joy it has been pre-settling. Can't wait to write later "from the other side"...

God bless you and yours this Memorial Day! Thank you to all the brave men and women who have served our country tirelessly over the years--GG, Papa, Pappy, etc. included!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I am SOOO excited about your new house! I have been thinking about you guys constantly, especially since our lives seem to be going through similar changes at the same time. I just got a call from my mom and she got to see your boys today - I'm jealous!! Take care and thanks to GG for his service to our country!! Happy settling.

CG said...

Could you post some pictures of the guest bedroom/bathroom/living amenities? No reason - just curious.

A quote from three year old little James: "Mommy, why does Uncle Cris smell like feet and live upstairs?"

Carolina Girl said...

Here's wishing you the smoothest of move in days and quick and easy unpacking! Great paint job GG!

Right Said Red said...

I can't wait to see the place!

Elso said...

Congrats to GG! The new house looks wonderful. I hope the unpacking goes fast for you. When we moved last year I was 37 weeks pregnant with Owen and I went crazy unpacking because I wanted to be done before he arrived. Anyway, it looks like a great house to raise a family.
Lana

Katherine K said...

Can't wait to see the inside! So happy for you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers