Saturday, May 10, 2008

Techno Rejects

Good morning to you all. How are you on this blessed Saturday?
I hope this finds you well.

Gasperini-Ville is in good spirits this morning, despite the latest calamity--our desktop went "caput" yesterday! Much to my chagrin, I realized that we had yet to update all of our videos and photos from the last year.

Yes, I've been lazy.
Yes, I've been irresponsible (no updated virus protection for 3 years--yikes!)
Yes, I'm feeling fully guilty and aware of my shame.
Yes, I had to drag myself, two kids, and the desktop tower to the local GeekSquad and humbly ask for help. (Praise God for the man in the parking lot who offered to lend a hand with the huge machine while I maneuvered the kiddos and my belly safely! What a godsend!)
Yes, I had to pay hundreds of dollars for said help.
Yuck!!

Later on I had finally come to terms with all of this yuckiness when my search for our system disks turned up nothing... a big, fat NADA! Double yuck.

We are disorganized and irresponsible.
Now I am left to pray they can retrieve all the data from the hard drive and that the work necessary to fix things doesn't involve the system disks.
I feel like that's asking a lot. Especially during a time when there are far more important things with which our good Lord should be concerned. :) Lord, help me.

God help us all!
In the BIG and the small...
Hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH M

My poor baby! Wish we could have been there to help...with the carrying, that is!

High hopes sent to you with lotsa love!

B-Mama said...

Thanks Mom! I must have looked so pathetic heading into the store--we had gotten two steps from our car when our "savior" showed up! M was pushing T in the stroller and getting nowhere... And I was just trying not to drop the computer tower. What a sight we must have been!

Carolina Girl said...

Oh B! Something similar just happened to B-Man's sister. She lost everything on her hard drive. Because of that and now what has happened with you, I will be backing up all photos and important documents on an external hard drive. B-man has been doing that since he was in Iraq last time, but I too, have been lazy. Maybe this is something for you to consider for the future (I know...not much help now though).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers