Friday, May 23, 2008

Recovering


Hello dear friends,

I had full intentions of writing an update yesterday, only to feel a
complete and overwhelming fatigue take over my body in the wake of such life change and activity! We have definitely crammed a lot of life into a small space of time... :) At one point, GG commented that we needed to continue to have big events precede a move just so that we can have family in to help.

And did I say help? Oh my goodness, they were amazing! Mimi and Papa, Gramz and Pappy, and Aunt Jessica (my sis) were all in, lending a hand in the revelry of GG's graduation. The boys were in absolute heaven as were GG and I at having our parents together and getting to spend quality time with those we love the most! What a blessing that truly was. I definitely could have enjoyed a few more days of that...

Overall, we tackled the house closing in Virginia last Thursday, the graduation on Saturday/Sunday, the packing on Monday, the move on Tuesday, and the drive east on Tuesday/Wednesday! Whew! I'm tired just thinking back to it... Yet how good our Father in heaven is for giving us AMPLE reason and praise to be making such a life shift! We cannot give enough thanks to our Lord for His overwhelming goodness.

And... now we're here, forging a new trail for our little family. Today GG is painting (like he hasn't accomplished enough in the last week!) We decided last-minute to change the color of the boys' room from a beautiful pale green to a pale blue to match their bedding better. Meanwhile, the boys and I ventured over to the YMCA down the street for the first time today and they had a ball playing in the "Child Watch" while mama got in her workout fix! Only one hang-up: a bunch of belly cramps (probably due to my recent inactivity) made me worry I was in pre-term labor! Oh Lord! Thankfully all seemed to subside once we were back at the new house with food in our tummies...

After all, we
do love a little drama here in Gasperini-Ville.
Nice to know some things haven't changed. :)

Hope you are all well and enjoying a blessed Friday.
Hugs and warmth to you from the land of Virginia. We are basking in its beauty.
Why not come and pay us a visit, why don't you?
God bless.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

So glad to know the travels went well. We had Will's family here for the graduation and they were a BIG help with the kids and with the pre-move tasks. I can relate! How wonderful that everyone was there to help you. I can't wait to see you guys in July - finally! I'll be in VA July 6 - 14. Anyways, congrats GG on the graduation, and you look fabulous, B! What an adorable belly.

Shannon said...

How wonderful!! You are the cutest pregnant woman I've ever seen!

Prayers!

Jaime said...

B! You are adorable... that is the best family pic' EVER.

Carolina Girl said...

Glad to see you're back on the blog! I've missed the daily updates from Gasperini-ville. Also glad to hear the move went smoothly. I love your family photo wth Baby J so proudly displayed! Cute, cute belly. Can't wait to hear more about your new location.

Jenica Cory said...

We will enjoy getting updates from this blog even more now that we won't be seeing as much of our favorite Gasperini's! We miss the 4.5 of you already!

Kerry said...

Praise for safe travels and for family to help! Take it easy, baby J needs some more time to grow inside that pretty belly of yours!

Right Said Red said...

Great family photo! You look gorgeous!!!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers