Monday, March 10, 2008

Travels 'n Such

Graeme, GG, and Pete (deploying Thursday and soon to be in my "prayer requests"!)

While going to and fro is an exciting way to live... I don't think I'm cut out for it as much as I used to be! Travels to and from Virginia and to and from Texas were just about enough to wear this mama out over the past week! Add in house-hunting, finalizing our mortgage, entering into contract, and having the inspection and I'm about plum pooped! lol :)

The Texas wedding was such fun, though my packing was less than appropriate. When I see a forecast of 60-70's during the day, I assume it's warm all the time. Not so much! The wedding was outdoors and was extremely chilly (~40's) for bare legs and arms!! By the time the big event rolled around, though, some of the girls and I had become savvy enough to bring along pants (for under our dresses) and covers (though I did not have a coat!) We made do huddling around kerosene space heaters and drinking hot coffee. In the end, it was such a treat to convene with old friends and see our dear buddy, Graeme, tie the knot with his dreamgirl!


Trip highlights were GG's go at skeet shooting "out on the range" (he hit more than a few!!), my morning with "222W" (a group of wives brought together by a brotherhood of Princeton men. These girls are fabulous!), Hampton Inn continental breakfasts (the biscuits were amazing), Mass and brunch with our nearest and dearest friend Max on Sunday, communing with GG's godfather at the Austin airport, and (of course!) seeing our precious, sleeping babies when we returned. They were so well-cared for!!

My studly man in action!


Low points included the LONG drive back today at 3am sharp! GG and I were able to grab a few hours of sleep before hitting the road to get back for an evening class of his. Oh boy! Praise God for his Sustenance and Provision. Had we not forced the wedding, we would have driven through the midwestern blizzard this past weekend... We viewed the aftermath along 80/90--3 semis were completely overturned and still being hauled out of the snow!

Fortunately, we made it home safely and are now ready to hit the hay! Also, prego update--my belly is beginning to grow! We set the ultrasound for next Tuesday! Keep your eyes peeled for our gender announcement...God bless your week!

2 comments:

Elso said...

Glad you both had such a great trip. I know how nice it is to come home, though, especially to 2 sweet boys. I sometimes(okay more than sometimes) feel I need a break, but then when I get one I miss them the whole time! I love your new house too! Beautiful!
Lana

Jessica Anderson said...

love the green pashmina! it's fun to see a pic of all of you and Max too. can't wait to catch up more this week. we'll certainly call you thursday night!! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers